Please feel free to call me if you have any questions. Please be aware that students without the proper documentation of the required immunizations or a valid exemption will not be allowed to attend school.
Know the Facts about Immunization
- Immunizations are one of the most important ways people can be protected against serious, preventable infectious diseases.
- Immunizations are extremely safe as a result of advances in medical research and ongoing review by doctors, researchers, and public health officials.
- Immunizations are recommended for infants, young children, the elderly, and those with chronic health problems because they are particularly vulnerable to infectious diseases.
- While small risks accompany every immunization, people are far more likely to be seriously harmed by vaccine-preventable diseases than by the recommended immunizations that prevent them.
- Medical advances have resulted in the availability of additional safe and effective vaccines. Now, people can be protected against a greater number of serious preventable diseases.
- Immunization benefits not just the individual, but also the community. Communicable infectious diseases spread among people who have not been immunized, and among the small percentage of people for whom the immunization may not have been fully effective.
- Immunizations work by strengthening the body’s own immune system.
- While breastfeeding and vitamins have health benefits, they do not replace the benefits of vaccines in preventing infectious diseases.
- Without immunizations, the diseases we are now protected from could easily return to infect, disable, and even kill, many infants, children, and adults.
Below is the link to the Department of Health Immunization web page:
Here is the link for immunization requirements for students K-12:
Texas Minimum Vaccine Requirements for Students Grades K-12
Here is the link for under 5 in school:
Texas Minimum Vaccine Requirements for Child-Care Facilities
Nurse's Corner does not contain medical advice. The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images and other material are intended for informational and educational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. The contents of this website are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your physician for personalized medical advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical con