· Yes, your child can access a school counselor. The best way for yourchild to access their counselor is by using their Schoology account tomessage their counselor.
· Counselors will answer any concerns with social and emotional issues questions on Schoology. If the answer could be best explained through a phone call, the counselor will call the student or video chat via Schoology.
· Yes, a student can contact a school counselor about personal issues by sending their respective counselor, a message on Schoology.
· The counselor will be working with On-Campus Learners and At-Home learners and contact students as soon as possible.
· Students should include their first and last name, grade, the name of the teacher (if it is a teacher concern), more information about the issue they are concerned about.
· If the statement includes information about other students, please include that student’s first and last name (If you know the student’s name)
· You can contact your student’s counselor by messaging them on
Schoology, by sending them an email, or by calling the campus.
· Brianna Davis: 254-547-2283 email@example.com
An At-Home learner can get support in numerous ways.
· A student can correspond with the counselor via Schoology messages.
· A student can email the counselor.
· A student can schedule a time to speak with the counselor by telephone or video chat.
· A student can also make an appointment to come into the office to speak with the counselor.
· 504 meetings can be held in person or through a phone conference. Annual reviews will be held on an as needed bases and 3-year Re- evaluations will be held based on the student’s qualification date.
· The counselor will respond to students during school hours within 48 business hours.
· If you believe that your One-Campus Learner or At-Home Learner might qualify for 504 services, you should contact your student’s counselor. The school counselor will walk you through the process.