- Learning Links for Families
Learning Links for Families
Academic Web Sites - practice and learn at home!
For all subjects and grade levels
- Weather Underground - podcasts about everything weather
- Voki - create a talking avatar
- McGraw Hill (Treasures) - Online language arts textbooks by grade level; includes reading lists and great books to share
- MIKids - Learning activities for all grade levels
- Discovery Education - From the Discovery Channel; classroom and home resources for learning
- Build Your Wild Self - Have fun building avatars that have your favorite animal parts
- Brainchild - a great way to reinforce concepts taught at school
- ABC-Ya! - Early elementary computer games and activities
- PBS Kids - Great resources for all subjects and other useful resources from the Public Broadcasting System
- WebQuest - Find and create a webquest and other great resources
- Learner - Resources for learning math, language arts, history, art and science
- Internet4Classroom - skill builders for all grade levels with grade level help pages
- KerPoof! - From the Walt Disney Company, kids can make an animated movie, tell a story, make drawings - it's all about having fun and being creative!
- Brainboosters - Challenging games that make you think
- My Story Maker - Make your own story by choosing your characters, scencery, setting and what your character does
- Starfall - For the PK - 1 group, this site helps kids learn their letters, sounds and begin to put words and sentences together
- Storyline Online -an online streaming video program, features actors and actresses reading children's books aloud.
- MightyBook - a great website for those learning to read. Filled with stories, songs, jokes and animated read-aloud storybooks.